Delhi International Cargo Terminal received its first import reefer rake on the 22nd of April 2019 from Mundra, Gujarat. In October 2017, DICT had received its first-ever import reefer and within a span of a year and a half, it received its first full rake load of reefer units.
The rake was loaded at Mundra on 19th April with 42 loaded units using 3 power-packs out of which 21 units were of CMA group while Maersk had 14 units and Goodrich had 5 units.
DICT is the major ICD in North India that is catering its customers since 2014. It is handling reefer containers since September 2015 and catering to the major reefer exporters of the northern belt.
This is the first time any northern ICD handled live reefer import train. Total transit time for the container was only three days from Mundra to DICT. As per shipping lines, the live reefer imports are a game changer as it helps them to build inventory, which otherwise was being re-positioned from gateway ports.
DICT is currently handling fruits, apple tree, dry fruits, confectionery items, temperature controlled wrapping/packaging material, etc. and is specialized in the handling of Apple Tree, Kiwi, and Salt of Pharmaceuticals.
- Facilities at DICT for reefer containers
- Specialized monitoring of Inbound and outbound reefer units to reduce turn-around time and delivery as per schedule
- Reefer customized services based on customer’s requirement on the basis of nature of consignment and sensitivity of the cargo
- Value-added services like Temperature Controlled Storage for frozen and chilled cargo including stuffing and de-stuffing of cargo; FASAI, P&Q, A&Q, and other government approvals
- 96 Fixed Plug Points and 32 Movable Plug Points
- 127 owned fleet and an additional 100 trailers available on hirebasis. All Trailers of ICT are GPS and GenSet enabled
- Daily Live Track Reports to customers
- 24 Hrs monitoring of Reefer Units by the help of reefer specialized team
- Reefer Specialized Monitoring by Reefer Surveyor en-route while moving trailers and rakes
Delhi International Cargo Terminal has cold storage facilities equipped to handle temperature controlled commodities for export and import. With its cold storage facility, rail connectivity, own transportation, DICT is the first ICD in the northern region to give a single-step solution for temperature controlled commodities.